Want to add cool functions like, “Rate this Image” stars to your WordPress Website or Blog?
There are 101 WordPress Plugins for your web site. You can use plugins to add fun things for users to do, like rate your images or posts, take a poll or translate your website into a foreign language. The one I have use to add the stars that allow you to rank the images on this web site it WP-Postratings by Lester Chan. [Get the Plugin Here].
It is a little tricky to get working, but he has very good documentation. Here’s the steps:
1. Download the plugin.
2. Open your wordpress control panel.
3. Click the Plugins Link on the main tool bar.
4. Click Add New.
5. Click Upload.
6. Browse and upload the zip file you downloaded.
7. Click Upload and then activate.
now you have it installed and activated. Here’s the tricky part.You have to open one of the following PHP pages of your theme and add one line of code in order to make the stars appear.
1. Open you Theme Editor [Choose > Appearance > Theme > Editor]
2. Now click on one of the following on the right hand side of your page: archive.php, single.php, post.php or page.php also.
3. Find the code that looks like this. [It is the : the_post(); part that is important.
4. Add Anywhere Below It (The Place You Want The Ratings To Show):
5. Test your site!
Viola, you now have stars ranking your posts!